Dubuque Senior Drama to Present Footloose: The Musical

Gavin Hall (10) as Ren and Sami Barklow (11) as Ariel

Dubuque Senior High School will present the musical adaptation of the smash-hit movie, Footloose.

Performances will be Friday, November 2 and Saturday, November 3 at 7:00pm, and Sunday, November 4 at 2:00pm. Dubuque Senior’s production will be performed in the Lamb-Hedeman Auditorium with a cast, crew and orchestra of more than 100 students.

Based on the hit 1980s musical, and featuring top songs from the era, Footloose is the story of a group of students triumphing over tragedy. Life in small-town Bomont is peaceful until Ren arrives from Chicago. Breaking every taboo, Ren and his fellow students bring dance back to the heart of a town struggling with the loss of one of their own. Footloose is a celebration of the power of young people – and the young at heart.  Music is by Tom Snow, lyrics by Dean Pitchford and additional music by Eric Carmen, Sammy Hagar, Kenny Loggins and Jim Steinman.

WHAT: Footloose the Musical    

WHERE: Lamb-Hedeman Auditorium at Dubuque Senior

WHEN: Friday, November 2 (7:00 PM)

Saturday, November 3 (7:00 PM)               Sunday, November 4 (2:00 PM)

TICKETS: $10 in advance/$12 at the door

Tickets may be purchased in advance online at www.dbqsenior.booktix.com. Tickets may also be purchased at the door beginning one hour before the performance.

RUN TIME: 2 Hours 30 Minutes, with an 15 minute intermission

TIDBITS:

• Footloose the Musical is based off the 1984 film of the same name starring Kevin Bacon.
  • The original Broadway production ran for 709 performances.  
  • The Dubuque Senior cast features sophomore Gavin Hall as Ren McCormick in the iconic Kevin Bacon role. Junior Jackson Kates will play Reverend Shaw Moore, the role starring John Lithgow in the original film.
  • The musical includes songs from legendary songwriters Sammy Hagar and Kenny Loggins. Popular hit songs featured in the musical include “Holding Out for a Hero” “The Girl Gets Around” and “Footloose.”
  • Dubuque Senior has been selected to perform Footloose at the 2018 Iowa Thespian Festival on Friday, November 9 at Gallagher-Bluedorn Performing Arts Center in Cedar Falls. The full production, including sets, lights, costumes, and props will be transported and re-assembled in order to be performed for 1,000 students from across the state of Iowa.